Commercial Lending Made Simple
Table of content
How We Use Personal Data
Since service inquiries vary with each Guest, so does the data we collect. The following section describes the type of information we collect directly as well as through cookies and flash stored objects:
- When a Guest Accesses the Service
- The date, time, and, depending on device settings (“Device”), also the following:
- Device make, model, screen resolution, and operating system and version;
- Plug-in information, language preference, and browser type;
- Geolocation data such as country, time zone, Wi-fi, network connection data, and Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- Metadata stored on the Device as well as time-stamped access logs;
- The way the Guest accessed the Service (such as social media, an ad, etc.);
- When a Guest creates an account
- At first, name, email address, and phone number;
- After that, information required for a loan application (“Loan Application Information”);
- when a guest completes a loan application
- Third-party information, such as what is made available through credit bureaus;
- Administrative information, such as that involved in establishing loan accounts, protecting against fraud, and satisfying regulatory requirements;
When a Guest Submits a Request For Support
We may collect their name, telephone number, email address and other information that the Guest provides;
Why We Collect Personal Data
The primary reason we use Personal Data is to complete a loan application.
As an extension of this goal, we use Personal Data to protect Guests from fraudulent and unauthorized or illegal activity.
This may also include other purposes to which the Guests provide their consent.
Secondly, we use data for marketing purposes, including disseminating information we believe to be useful.
This may include sending technical notices, security alerts, confirmations, and more.
Lastly, we use Personal Data to improve the Service by analyzing and tracking Guest experiences.
How We Share Personal Data
The following outlines the ways we disclose or share Personal Data:
- Access to information by LoanBase employees:
- Personnel may access Personal Data only once authorized to do so and only for the purpose for which they have authorization.
- Access to information by service providers:
- Sharing Aggregated Information:
- We may share aggregated Personal Data with our business partners and affiliates. However, this information would never directly or indirectly identify any individual Guest.
- Sharing Loan Application Information:
- When your application is ready, we will share your information with the lender that you select.
- We may also share Personal Data with other service providers, such as loan servicing companies, and credit bureaus.
- We limit the information we send to service providers and require that they use Personal Data only to perform the services requested. For example, after you authorize us to verify your credit, we will send the minimal set of information needed (including your social security number) to a credit bureau. By including your social security number, we ensure that we are requesting the correct credit report. However, we would not send the same level of information unless it is necessary.
Personal Data Disclosure & Accountability
LoanBase does not disclose personal information to third parties for reasons materially different from what it was collected for. However, should this change, we will provide Guests with reasonable opportunity to opt out.
Cookies & Other Tracking
These cookies and tracking technologies collect information in order to optimize Guest experience. For example, they make it possible to customize content based on relevancy. In addition, they help us identify problems, analyze traffic, monitor security, and gauge effectiveness of our communications. Most web browsers allow you to adjust your preferences regarding notifications, pop-ups, and cookies. However, if your browser is set to reject cookies, some aspects of the Website may not function properly.
We also use third-party cookies to display advertisements on other websites. These cookies may track Guests over time and across the web. Even if you opt out of receiving cookies, you may still see our advertisements on third-party sites.
When you submit a loan application, we may ask for authorization to access your credit reports. We will only access your credit reports with your explicit authorization. In addition to processing your application, we may also share this data with others, for example the lender you choose.
Newsletter and Email Communication
We give Guests the opportunity to subscribe to newsletters and other email communications. When you subscribe, all that is required is an email address. If wish to cancel or reduce your subscriptions, you may do so by clicking, “manage my subscriptions” in the bottom of any email. Alternatively, you may also accomplish this by contacting us directly, by phone or email. However, even if you unsubscribe from all content, we may still reach out to update you about your account.
Interactive Help (Website Chat)
You may initiate an online interactive discussion, or a “live chat” with a LoanBase agent. This resource should be available at any time during business hours and does not require personally identifiable information. However, if you volunteer such information, it may be stored as a transcript for training and quality assurance.
How We Protect Personal Information
LoanBase uses reasonable physical, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, or improper disclosure. For example, we use encryption technologies when transmitting information to and from the Website as well as with third parties. We also encourage Guests to store sensitive data on secure technologies. However, if Guests choose to use other methods, such as email, they may proceed at their own risk.
Links To Other Websites
The Service is not intended for persons under the age of 18. In fact, we do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children under the age of 13. Therefore, if we become aware that a child has submitted personal information to us, it will immediately be deleted.
Access To Information
All Guests whose Personal Data we collect reserve the right to access their Personal Data. Additionally, they have the right to correct, amend, limit the use of, and delete their data. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we are not required to grant access, correct, amend and delete Personal Data if the burden or expense of providing access, correction, amendment or deletion is disproportionate to the risks to the Guest’s privacy, or if the rights of persons other than the Guest could be violated. Overall, LoanBase will endeavor to provide timely responses to all reasonable requests to view, modify, or inactivate Personal Data.
California Privacy Rights
LoanBase does not sell any of the Personal Data we collect. In fact, we only share your information with your consent, and for the purposes of providing the service you sign-up for.
California Guests may make a request in accordance with their rights under the CCPA by contacting [email protected]. When we receive a request, we verify it using the information associated with the sender’s email address. Next, we may ask you to provide identification in order to validate your details. You are also free to exercise these rights by authorizing someone to act on your behalf.